Tag Refactoring Tool
I have a bookmark collection which i built up for several years know. Today i'd chosen different tags here and there and i'd like to tidy up my collection. I imagine a tool which can do:
- Define criteria: contains tag, does not contain tag, is (not) in collection, ...
- Define actions: rename tag, add tag, remove tag, ...
The tool walks through all my collections and applies the actions to all bookmarks that match the criteria.
- Criteria: contains tag "machine" and contains tag "learning"
- Actions: remove tag "machine" and remove tag "learning" and add tag "machine learning"
- Criteria: contains tag "photo" and is in collection "arts"
- Actions: rename tag "photo" to "photography"
This is basically an extended feature request of "Merge Tags" because that would be possible too with this approach.
Since this topic is under review, I just want to point to the Tag-Clusters request where I briefly describe how a robust "Tag Management Tool" could solve multiple feature requests including the hierarchical tags request simultaneously.
I switched to Raindrop.io with a large collection of bookmarks. In order to maintain my several thousand tags, this function is essential.
The software https://www.tagpacker.com shows how easily this can be implemented (see screenshot):
- Search for tag "machine" and learning"
- Add the tag "machine learning" to the search result. Raindrop can do this.
- Remove the tag "machine" from the search result. Remove the tag "learning" the search result. Raindrop is missing this.
From a selection of bookmarks, Raindrop should not only be able to add tags, but also remove some.
Is this expected to move forward at any point yet? This feature would be incredibly helpful for large collections or heavy-(or lazy-)-taggers!
Tag gardening is slow manual process currently need to be able to merge older taxonomies from other platforms to new raindrops ones easily
marked this post as